Thursday, May 4, 2017

When Thank you just doesn't feel like enough......


We posted about our decision to adopt, knowing that we were putting our hearts out for the world to judge. And although the opinions of others will not change our minds, it definitely is still nerve wracking. It was all the emotions you can have or go through hitting publish on that blog post. But it was right...the timing, the chance to open our hearts, and taking that leap of faith. Something we have kept quiet (besides close family) for some time. Thank you for your kind words, thank you for your love, thank you for your support and your faith in us. Thank you to those who may not like or love our decision for keeping it to yourself. ;) Really though something as scary as putting yourself out there, and the reactions we got were better than we had hoped! So thank you! For the bottom of our hearts, we so appreciate you!!!

Thank you to my dear friend Sam for the priceless pictures she took of our family! She gave of her time and talents to bless us and allow us this keepsake! I am so grateful for her! Love ya lady!!


When we chose China, I had just watched a friend bring home her little boy from there. My heart was pulled, tugged, and I knew that was the direction we should go, knowing we would be looking into international. China has a very stable adoption process. They have been doing it for MANY years. It is probably one, if not the, most streamlined process for international adoptions. The whole process takes roughly about 9-12 months (more information I'll discuss at a later date) from the start of your paperwork to the day you meet your child. You spend about 2 weeks in China, doing all of the proper paperwork in order to adopt and receive a visa to bring your child home. Oh what a day that will be, it already brings me to tears just thinking about it!

Along with their process comes rules, guidelines and things that we need to follow in order to adopt from there. One main one being you have be under a certain BMI. Without beating myself up, and being completely open and honest, I need to loose weight before we can begin the paperwork. No matter how hard it was to swallow that I am holding up on our process, someone said it best when they said 'China's kids, China's rules'. And honestly I'm okay with that! It is pushing me to get in better shape, to be more healthy, and to work and focus on me. Don't get me wrong, there are times that I am overwhelmed that I am the hang up. But more often than not, it is giving me the drive I need! I am pushing through. I had thought about waiting to announce it until we were starting, but I guess having accountability to each one of you reading this, it is going to push me that much harder. So here we are, announcing it, being open about it, and I am doing what I can to loose this weight so we can get started! Hoping to be sooner than later!

Once I am down to where I need to be, we will begin the paperwork. And I will continue to work on me and loosing weight. It's just jumpstarting me in the process of being a healthier me!

We will keep you posted and definitely let you know once we begin the process!

But for real, thank you for your love, support, and excitement!
We feel it and we appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment